07 October 2009

Movies is back!!!

Back to Newcastle.
Life is good as usual except the absence of him in this familiar place.
Things're almost settled.
Also many ideas in head to be done.
Anyways, just a little update to the new life in Newcastle.
Today went to the finance department after one class in the morning to sort out the overpaid fees.
After that meeting up with EeYean for lunch and movies. Also met up with Mann for the first time, I mean sitting down and talking for the first time.
Anyways, I'd been so excited since yesterday we decided to watch 2 movies in a day which both of them I was so looking foward to.



Very inspiring. The role of Julia reminds me of myself, couldn't settle down on one particular activity on hands, couldn't concentrate on what she's doing. Didn't know what she can do in her life. However, she found the passion on food. With the passion she learnt cooking. Ahhh...food. Nice food. The movie brings positive message. I couldn't tell the feeling after watching it. I just feel like going to sign up a fashion course after watching it. It's so inspiring, so nice, so ambitious, so passionate. Ahhh whatever, it just makes me feel so good.


After Julie and Julia, we came to another movie, Coco Avant Chanel. Yes, it's in French :S
When I saw the word 'avant', although my French didn't get any improve, I still regconise it's kinda meaning 'advance/before' for time in French. So my first reaction was asking EeYean "Is this in French?!?!"
We were speechless for a while.
Then come to the word 'directeur' on screen.
Still, we're speechless.
And then more french words showing up on screen..
We then both burst into laughs.
"It better has English subtitle", EeYean said.
Luckily it did.
So, another movie that brings up my passion on fashion. I am not a big fans of Chanel though. Couldn't even appreciate mom's Chanel handbag. Her perception on love doesn't attract me too. However, one thing I admire about her is the style of her, simple yet elegant, boyish.
Movie is nicely taken. There's a scene I personally love where there were many French ladies wearing the typical lace girly white dress with lotsa decorations and umbrella, can you imagine the clothing on that century? So yea, many of them walking around and only her, Coco, facing the sea, showing her back with the simple yet classic brown coat, a humble looking coat with strong character. The whole piture brings out the contrast between her and the rest of the ladies.
Very nice.
She is always in black. And I learnt that black brings out the eyes. Knowledge of the day.

Love Tyneside cinema!Love the mood.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

oh wow! you watched Julie and Julia! so nice! looking forward to it too. and Coco avant Chanel too. must watch it. i didnt know there's such movie before! thanks for sharing. :D

Wansim said...

It's in French. I told you before bah in KK, I said I wanna watch Coco before Chanel and we ended up watching J.I.Joe ehhh.. hahahahahahah

jen poh said...

yes.. i mean before you told me when we were in kk bah.. hahahah... and it's in french! got feel lo.. but that adds to the point that it wont be out in cinemas here...